The Swire Educational Trust Postgraduate Scholarship Program
The Swire Educational Trust is offering two full-scholarships to study a Masters degree in Australia commencing in February 2018. All costs relating to tuition, travel, Student visas, and accommodation are provided. Awardees also receive a fortnightly living allowance and assistance with establishment and textbooks.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants for this scholarship must first apply directly to the institutions and gain unconditional acceptance (a Letter of Offer) in their chosen course. Only once you have an unconditional Letter of Offer can you apply for the Swire Postgraduate Scholarship Program.
Please read carefully:
1. You must have an unconditional Letter of Offer in one of the following approved programs to commence February, 2018: Please click on the links for each program below to go directly to the program webpage and apply.
- The University of the Sunshine Coast: Master of Health Promotion
- Griffith University: Master of International Public Health, Master of Public Health, Master of Environment, Master of Health Services Management
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT): Master of Health Management, Master of Public Health, Master of Law
- University of Queensland: Master of Public Health, Master of Environmental Management
2. If you are applying to QUT please write the code PNGAUS0617 at the top of page 1 of your QUT Application Form. You will not need to pay the $100 QUT application fee.
3. If you are applying to Griffith University, please complete the application form here. When you email your application to Griffith University, please write in your email: "I am an applicant under the Swire Postgraduate Scholarship program and my application fees have been waived as per approval 10/7/17 from Lucinda Chappell."
4. Complete all 7 sections of the Application Form
5. Collect your Supporting Documents as listed at Part 5 of your Application Form
6. Email your complete Application Form and Supporting Documents to email@example.com
Applications close August 18, 2017
Please apply to the universities as soon as possible as it can take many weeks to obtain your Letter of Offer. Applications for the Swire Educational Trust Postgraduate Scholarships Program close August 18, 2017.
Please contact us as soon as you have a response from the universities so we can assist you with any additional requirements you may have.
A note on English Language Requirements
When you apply to the universities, you may be asked to show evidence that you meet the English language requirements for entry into your chosen program. This is usually demonstrated through provision of an IELTS English Test result. However, as you are from Papua New Guinea you may be able to gain an exemption from the English language requirements.
When applying to the university, please supply a letter requesting an Exemption from the English Language Requirement for the following reasons:
- You are from Papua New Guinea and your main language is English
- Your previous high school and higher education studies were completed in English
- The language of your workplace is English
We have prepared a template letter which you may wish to use to request an English language exemption when you apply to the university. In many cases the university will then exempt you from the requirement to demonstrate your English abilities. You can download the template here: Request for English Language Exemption
All applicants must:
- Have a demonstrated commitment to the development of their local community and Papua New Guinea
- Be a citizen of PNG over 18 years of age
- Have no criminal record or pending charges in PNG or overseas
- Be willing to travel to Australia unaccompanied
- Not be a permanent resident or citizen of Australia, or in a relationship with a person who is
- Commit to returning to PNG to contribute to their country's development for a minimum of 3 years after completing their studies in Australia (this program is not a pathway to residence in Australia)
- Sign a Contract with Steamships regarding your scholarship offer, entitlements and obligations.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 7 3103 0240.
Smith Immigration & Education Services is managing the Swire Educational Trust Postgraduate Scholarship program in Australia.